The purpose of the Community Improvement Grant Project is to encourage and support efforts by groups and individuals to improve the community. The grant program is for small projects – but many small projects together can offer big, positive changes for our Mountain Community.
- Any group or individual may apply for a grant to improve our Loma Prieta, Lexington, and Lakeside communities of the Santa Cruz Mountains.
- Grant funds are to be used for projects that provide an identifiable benefit or positive impact the community at large.
- Grant requests up to $500 are typical.
- Grants are generally awarded on a quarterly basis, and applications must be received by 5 PM on the January 5th, April 5th, July 5th, or October 5th. Applicants will be notified if they have or have not been awarded a grant within 30 days of the deadline.
- Individuals and groups are limited to submitting one grant application per quarter and two applications per year. An application may be resubmitted.
- Grant recipients are required to provide a report to LPCF with an accounting of the expenditures, including receipts, within three months of completion of the project or within six months after receiving the grant.
- By submitting a Community Improvement Grant application, the applicant agrees to the above guidelines.
- The Loma Prieta Community Foundation has the right to disclose to the public the names of the individuals and groups awarded grants, and how much money was awarded.
Examples of initiatives that qualify for a CIG include:
- Coordinating & sponsoring a community clean up day
- Beautification Project including but not limited to improving landscaping in a public area (or areas of public access)
- Efforts to increase Disaster Preparedness
- Improvements to community parks/public areas
- Other projects that bring people together and build community.
How to apply:
Download and complete the form:
Applications may be mailed to LPCF, 23800 Summit Rd, Los Gatos 95033
or; better if emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org